How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My remarried ex-wife just sent me a bill for 6 years of past

This answer was rated:

My remarried ex-wife just sent me a bill for 6 years of past health insurance premiums..How many years am I responsible for? We live in Wisconsin.Thank YOU.Bob E.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I may ask a few questions to get more information about your case so that I can provide the best possible answer. I just ask for you to ask any additional questions you may have if you feel the question has not been answered, as my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service. Also, IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger, I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

What does your divorce decree say your responsibility is for health insurance premiums?
was a time limit set to submit them to the other party?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says NOTHING about Health Insurance Premiums...It states 50% of the medical BILLS are my responsibility, There is NO time limit stated that I can find


Ok, thanks Bob. Health insurance premiums would come under the umbrella of medical bills since it is just the portion you pay upfront when you go for medical treatment. Unfortunately since your decree has no time limit you would be responsible for 50% of the premium amount she submitted to you. Most divorce decrees have a 30 day clause in them in which the person wanting the reimbursement must submit the bills in that time frame. To avoid being hit with a big bill in the future, you may want to file a petition to modify your divorce decree. I hope this helps clarify.

I hope I have provided you with excellent service. Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. If you feel I have not earned a positive rating, please give me a chance to do so. Keep in mind even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. We are not paid a salary here and positive ratings encourage experts to answer future questions. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. Please be fair, as you want fairness, and understand we do not make the laws and cannot control the answers, so do not rate me poorly because you do not like the answer. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: To XXXXX on the subject line. Thank you!
GeorgetownLawyr and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you