Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my ex boyfriend and I have a daughter. she has been cutting

and threatening to kill herself...
my ex boyfriend and I have a daughter. she has been cutting and threatening to kill herself I call him the 1st time and he sad he was to busy it got worse and is now in a second hospital. he called to day and was very mad that i found a rehab place for her we nver went to court for legal right he did sign the paternity and pay child support . can he stop me from getting her the hep she needs
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2013
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. has the rehab place agreed to admit her? Do they require both you and he to sign documents for her admission?

no I did not have him sign it he just causes trouble. he did not even show uo at any of her counsling sessinsions

Thank you for the additional information. As the parent, you always need to act in the best interest of your child. If she needs help and you can provide it to her, then you should act. The only way he can stop you is by court order and considering what you described above, regarding his actions, it does not sound like he would really make an effort to take you to court and try and prevent her from going into rehab. If you have had her, her whole life and there is no court order even regarding visitation, let alone custody, then you need to do what is best for the child and not be concerned with his actions, at this point. Moreover, you can ask him what he suggests to do and how/why he objects to her getting proper treatment, before this gets worse.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer