Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
4460311

texas child support questions father lives in california out

texas child support questions

father lives in california

out of wedlock child resides in harris texas

mother resides with child in harris texas

can mother sue for child support in harris court (and not has to go to california to sue father there)

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is there an order of support now or there has never been a court order for support in place?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no there is no order of child support

no order / conservatorship that determine the father is the father

they both know he is the father but his name on on birth certificate; no DNA testing; no acknoledgement yet

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Jurisdiction to determine child support is determined by the residence of the child, so it would typically be appropriate under these circumstances to file a petition to establish paternity and child support in the local court where you reside with your child.

The clerk of the court should be able to direct you to forms the court has available if you contact them directly.

Here is a link which provides contact information for the Harris TX family court:

http://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/common/About/Hours_Locations.aspx

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.