How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, The strangest rulings have been going on in my divorce

This answer was rated:

The strangest rulings have been going on in my divorce case which is now 2 yeasr and 11 months and ongoing. I have recently discovered that an attorney my husband brought onboard in mid 2012, is a Master Examiner in the same courthouse , for family law, apparently bearing a reputation for not being the most forthcoming guy , to sugar coat it .
How can this be, this should be illegal, is there anything I can do to force him to recuse himself , he has not done so willingly , we tried that .
How I am ever going to get a fair trial and end this mess. I shuld not have

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : You can file a motion to recuse the judge, but you must have a basis to make this request. In this case, you would have to prove that the attorney's position as master examiner has created a special relationship with the judge, and that their relationship should be the basis for the judge to recuse himself.
Roger : This would force the judge to definitively state that there is or is not a relationship.

thank you , that doesn't seem likely that I would be able to prove that, so you are saying that it is perfectly ok for a family law master to serve as a family law attorney.. Wow , are we are lawless nation or what .. But thanks for the response ..

Roger and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you