How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x- daughter in law took an overdose of pills last week she

This answer was rated:

My x- daughter in law took an overdose of pills last week she is in the hospital now. She has two children with her in Alabama 16 and 17. The oldest child 25 lives in Ohio and is with the two younger children. they have no place to live. Can we, the oldest child and myself Grandmother of the 17 year old bring them to Ohio.

Thank you for your question. My name is Ellen. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

What is the involvement of the father? Is he agreeable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Both fathers are not involved in the childrens lives. Both fathers are in Ohio.

Thank you for your response Susan.

Yes, provided there is not a court order to the contrary, it appears lawful for you to take the children to Ohio. Once they are in Ohio, either you or the older sibling can petition the court for temporary custody

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help

It has been my pleasure to work with you

I wish you the best at this difficult time

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by requesting me directly.
Ellen and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you