How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is the process of filing for a div.myself

This answer was rated:

what is the process of filing for a div.myself

Thank you for your question. My name is Ellen. I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

A divorce is commenced by filing a "petition for dissolution of marriage" with the court.

You may find the forms at the following links:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can


Ellen and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you very much for the positive rating and the bonus! It has been my pleasure to work with you.

I am here to help. To speak with me again, simply place my name in the first sentence of your new question. If I cannot help you, I can direct you to someone who can.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer , please consider providing me a 10 rating. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.