How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to court today for my xs motion for child support.

This answer was rated:

I went to court today for my x's motion for child support. My x's attorney emailed at the end of business yesterday a doc titled memorandum on my child support that was filed yesterday- it was 43 pages and not with accurate information ie. a disclosure statement from April as exhibit when the attny was in receipt of a 13.3.1 from July that was most accurate. I requested time to object and stated that I just received no time to review and that the doc had inaccuracies. The Judge continued to say that what they presented was from the hearing in August but failed to see the date of April on their presented disclosure statement and did not ask to my tax returns nor my evidence of current change of circumstance now unemployed so now the Uniform Order for Support has my net income that is not true and can be proven otherwise. I stated to the Judge the inaccurate info but he would not listen nor would look at my evidence. How do I proceed?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did the judge issue a ruling on the case yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks and yes the judge agreed to their motion for child support which is i uniform order for support but I was not given a receipt. When I looked it over I saw the net income was wrong which I said prior to the Judge. He did not ask for my taxes nor my current circumstance of job which I was prepared to present as evidence and asked if I could present.

Thank you for your response.

You have to consider filing a motion to reconsider within 10 days of the ruling including your new evidence the judge failed to consider in the first hearing and you would file that together with a notice of appeal. You then would prepare to file an appeal within 30 days of the ruling, because courts many times will not grant a motion to reconsider.

You also really should engage a local attorney at this point, because when things are not going well for a pro se it can be extremely beneficial to their case to bring in an attorney to turn things around.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks do you think if I just do a petition to modify would be a simpler way?

Thank you for your response.

You cannot do a motion to modify this soon after the judgment I am afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks and I process this information I apologize. I failed to mention that in court OC gave me a doc that was filed today a petition to order me to seek employment...does this then change anything albeit it still stands that that the amount for net income on the uniform order is incorrect?

Thank you for your response.

No, you need to still file as I said. Of course, they are going to order you to seek gainful employment I am afraid, so you need to object to their petition and attach proof you have been seeking employment and where or proof that you are physically unable to seek employment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To object is meaning to respond to their petition with the proof I have seeking employment in my response?

Yes, that is correct.

You file an "Objection" in writing to their petition with the reasons why you object and attach your proof. You file the original with the clerk of court and send the other party a copy with proof of service.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you