How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12249
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my divorce was final at the end of September. My now ex-wife

This answer was rated:

my divorce was final at the end of September.
My now ex-wife has spent the last week going around to all my neighbors and friends telling them I am a child molester.
I am not.
Meanwhile my 8 year old is 50/50 custody and his head is being filled with craziness.
Friends and our 22 year old daughter are saying that she has gone crazy.
What is the best way to protect my son come tomorrow morning?
Defamation, Harassment, or Stalking.....I can prove all.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Since you have proof of what's happening, if I were you I would file an emergency motion at the court to modify custody and possibly hold your ex in contempt. Although you can't force the judge to rule quickly, he may do so and order a hearing immediately. Your primary argument would likely be parental alienation. This occurs when one parent disrupts the relationship between the child and the other parent, such as by talking badly about the other parent. As you alluded, it is a type of mental abuse, and can damage relationships. Depending on what you can prove, the judge may order your ex to stop, or he may award you sole custody. Obviously, the harassment and stalking could play a part in this as well to the extent that it would make your ex seem unbalanced If your friends and daughter testify on your behalf, obviously that would be extremely helpful. Depending on the situation, it may be wise to have your son examined by a psychologist who can testify in court about how his mother's antics are causing him harm.

If you have an attorney, then I'd ask him to handle this matter, since it's complicated. Obviously, you have a better chance of winning with an attorney. However, you are certainly free to try to handle this yourself. You can visit the court clerk in the court with jurisdiction, and ask for the form to modify child custody, then fill it out and file it, and ask to schedule a hearing ASAP.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To TJ, Esq." in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you