Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Ok what if she gets a lawyer to fight it? He really just wants

Ok what if she gets...
Ok what if she gets a lawyer to fight it? He really just wants to lower his custody payments since one son will living with us. He is afraid she will take everything away and still get all the money and keep the boys away. It is such a precarious situation. She lives on the child support and chooses not to get a job even though she is perfectly healthy . This question is for TJ Esq.
10/27/2013
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello again. Thank you for your follow-up. However, I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're asking in your follow-up question. Can you clarify? Course, the mother may retain an attorney if she chooses to do so. I'm not sure what you're asking about that possibility. Thank you.
If she retains one we can not. We do not have the money to do so. When he files to modify,she will be notified correct?
Yes, when your husband files a request to modify the custody order, the mother must be notified because she has the right to respond and contest the request. She may then opt to retain an attorney. Obviously that is less than ideal since your husband won't have an attorney. But your husband certainly still has a shot at getting the custody order modified, especially since the son wants to live with your husband.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney