How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12209
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok what if she gets a lawyer to fight it? He really just wants

This answer was rated:

Ok what if she gets a lawyer to fight it? He really just wants to lower his custody payments since one son will living with us. He is afraid she will take everything away and still get all the money and keep the boys away. It is such a precarious situation. She lives on the child support and chooses not to get a job even though she is perfectly healthy . This question is for TJ Esq.
Hello again. Thank you for your follow-up. However, I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're asking in your follow-up question. Can you clarify? Course, the mother may retain an attorney if she chooses to do so. I'm not sure what you're asking about that possibility. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If she retains one we can not. We do not have the money to do so. When he files to modify,she will be notified correct?
Yes, when your husband files a request to modify the custody order, the mother must be notified because she has the right to respond and contest the request. She may then opt to retain an attorney. Obviously that is less than ideal since your husband won't have an attorney. But your husband certainly still has a shot at getting the custody order modified, especially since the son wants to live with your husband.
TJ, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions