How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13500
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are residents of Minnesota but getting married in New Mexico.

This answer was rated:

We are residents of Minnesota but getting married in New Mexico. Do we get our marriage license in the state we're getting married, or the state we live in?
Thank you for your question, and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Having gotten married in a different state myself, I can tell you that you will need to apply for a marriage license (and make sure you are familiar with the application requirements) of the state in which you plan to marry - so New Mexico.
RobertJDFL and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

You're welcome! Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way I am credited for assiting you.