How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28344
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi I needs to get name changed on birth certificate

This answer was rated:

hi I needs to get name changed on birth certificate
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. Is this name change for a minor child or an adult?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

name change is for an adult

Thank you for the additional information. If an adult does want to change their name, they need to file the necessary application/motion and have it ordered by the Judge. What you were told is correct and I have provided forms for you below, to review, to show you the steps, grounds for the name change and the forms which you must fill out and file. There will need to be a hearing on the matter and you will have to go before the Judge, to tell him/her why you want the name change imposed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
FamilyAnswer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you