How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GeorgetownLawyr Your Own Question
GeorgetownLawyr, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12049
Experience:  Experience: contested Divorces, custody disputes, Post dissolution modification, child support issues, adopti
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
GeorgetownLawyr is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wifes ex husband flied a restraining order against her

This answer was rated:

My wife's ex husband flied a restraining order against her citing child abuse and neglect. He has made bogus claims of things "he says" her children told him went on during their last visit with her. Everything he has said is a lie, but he is a pastor in the heart of the bible belt. Court is during the school week so more than likely the children will not be available to be in court to provide their statement. What can we do to prove these accusations are false before we go to court and she loses her kids?

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for you to ask any additional questions you may have if you feel the question has not been answered. Also, IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger, I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.


I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. That is the purpose of court, which is to prove the allegations are true or false. You cannot do anything before court once a person files a suit in court, court is where it will be settled unless the parties attend mediation and agree to a settlement of the issues. If witnesses are not able to attend the hearing, you can request a continuance to produce the witnesses you need. If you want to have kids testify you need to seek permission of the court before bringing kids to court. I hope this helps clarify.


Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. If you feel I have not earned a positive rating, please give me a chance to do so. Keep in mind even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. We are not paid a salary here and positive ratings encourage experts to answer future questions. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: To Georgetown Lawyer on the subject line. Thank you!

GeorgetownLawyr and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions