How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi can you tell me what rights a grandparent has from england

This answer was rated:

can you tell me what rights a grandparent has from england to see there 8yr old grandchilds psychiatrist,there daughter my late wife who died several years ago is obviously not involved but i have remarried to a us citizen and waiting green card ,dont know if that has any relevance.but i have told them they cant.your advice is much appreciated
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Please note that legal professionals are only permitted to provide JA customers with a general answer and not any type of legal advice or opinion.

Grandparent's generally do not have any parental, custodial or visitation rights to the minor grandchildren, unless specifically ordered by the court (which doesn't happen often, if the biological parents are alive and have full custody of the minor child) and in such case a grandparent would have no legal right to see or communicate with a minor child's psychiatrist and also minor child's psychiatrist would be in serious violation of the HIPAA laws if she discusses the minor grandchild situation or releases any medical information to the grandparents.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou very much,they keep threating to distroy my life and marriage if i dont give them the name of the psychiatrist,and i stopped one visit to come over here untill my daughter is on the straight and narrow so that they can see a fully matured girl ,but they keep threatening me in emails and to my wife,is there anything i can do about this until i get it resolved


Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, in a situation such as this, a cease and desist letter can be sent to the grandparents advising them not to contact the parent and parent's new wife directly and if the grandparents do not stop their harassment, then a police report can be filed and also a petition for a restraining order can be filed.

It might make more sense to have a local attorney draft and send this type of cease and desist letter to the parents, so the parents would realize that you do mean business and serious about taking legal action against them, if they don't stop.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou very much greatly appreciated and reasuring


I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you