How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

son is now 3 1/2 yrs old. in the beginning mother kept away

This answer was rated:

son is now 3 1/2 yrs old. in the beginning mother kept away from me. went to lawyer od 4500 to have him legitimized and got father rights. I got him 2 nights one week and 3 nights the next week. she gave him to me much more. If not to me then to my mom. do the nights my mom has him count for me when we go back to court. now I have him 185 nights a yr and she has him 180. I still keep extra nights for her. she is in a relationship with a man with 2 other kids. I am married with a baby girl. DSS has been called on her but nothing was done even though my 3 yr old son was deep in the woods, peed in a creek, and fell and got hurt. what is the chances of my getting sole custody or at least custodial custody?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Yes, the time he is with your Mother will count as time he is away from his Mother and therefore credited to you.

If you can show the court that you can provide a safe and sound envirorment for you son, and what those living arrangements will be - such as he will have his own room and bed - then I suggest you have a good chance of have the custody changed.

You see, it is all about what is in the best interest of the child. SO you need to be able to show the court that a change is going to benefit your son.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.
Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions