How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35017
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse is in Korea and I am in Hawaii. I am no longer military,

This answer was rated:

My spouse is in Korea and I am in Hawaii. I am no longer military, and we have been married for only a few months. We no longer want to be married but I suspect my spouse is using SCRA protections to delay divorce proceedings so that more money can be made in BAH/COLA. Can you tell me how much I'm legally entitled to in terms of money? My spouse is a Second Lieutenant with less than 2 years and I am in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Depends...depends on what service he is in...what service is he in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Active Duty Army. Thank you!


The regulation that applies can be seen here

If you take a look at Ch 2, it shows you what amount he must pay you as your spouse.

If it is just you (no kids) then he pays you the BAH rate.

If he is not paying you this support? COntact his battalion commander...they will order him to follow the Army Regulation...that will, I expect, prompt him to cooperate in the divorce

P. Simmons and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you