P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My spouse is in Korea and I am in Hawaii. I am no longer military,

My spouse is in Korea and I am in Hawaii. I am no longer military, and we have been married for only a few months. We no longer want to be married but I suspect my spouse is using SCRA protections to delay divorce proceedings so that more money can be made in BAH/COLA. Can you tell me how much I'm legally entitled to in terms of money? My spouse is a Second Lieutenant with less than 2 years and I am in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Depends...depends on what service he is in...what service is he in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Active Duty Army. Thank you!

THanks

The regulation that applies can be seen here

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/r608_99.pdf

If you take a look at Ch 2, it shows you what amount he must pay you as your spouse.

If it is just you (no kids) then he pays you the BAH rate.

If he is not paying you this support? COntact his battalion commander...they will order him to follow the Army Regulation...that will, I expect, prompt him to cooperate in the divorce