How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After finding out about a substantial amount of hidden money,

This answer was rated:

After finding out about a substantial amount of hidden money, can a divorce be contested a year later?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you with informaion in this regard.

Please tell me

1- did this go to trial or was it an agreed upon settlement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It went before the judge, however, a settlement was signed after four years of back and forth




I see.

Well, it will not be an easy task, but you can file a Motion to Reopen the matter based on fraudulent activity. There is no guarantee that a court will grant it, but it is always worth a try.

I don't suggest that this is something you want to try to do pro se because there will be legal research and case law needed. So you may want to weight the cost of a local attorney against the amount of assets that has been hidden and what your gain will be after all your time, expense and trouble

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated..
Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you