How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29823
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does the Attorney Generals office normally do a RANDOM child

This answer was rated:

Does the Attorney Generals office normally do a RANDOM child support audit without a third party contact inquiring?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Ordinarily, the Texas Attorney General will review child support orders at the request of the custodial parent. The request can be made once every three years as a cost of living adjustment or when there is a material change in circumstances. Here is more information:

The state is required to review the child support guidelines every four years and revise them as appropriate. It is not usual for the state to review individual cases and adjust support without anyone requesting it or providing information suggesting that there has been a material change.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the Attorney Generals office on the phone and they told me that they do a review every three years, and that I'm the only one that has to supply proof of income.

Either parent can go to court when circumstances change and request a modification. If you are in court, you can serve discovery requests upon the other party and insist that they provide proof of income and expenses.

The three year review should be a complete review, based on the income of both parents. The official published information all states that the review is done at the request of the custodial parent, not automatically. That doesn't mean that they cannot do it on their own initiative.

Related Family Law Questions