How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can someone help a woman who is divorced and cannot work full

Customer Question

Can someone help a woman who is divorced and cannot work full time, but was told by the court that she has to do child support of over 600.00 dollars and now because she cannot pay that full amount they want to take her drivers lic, Then she can't work at all.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

My name is Samuel and I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard.

Please tell me what kind of "help" are you seeking?

What is the information I can provide for you in this regard?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where can she go that someone will take the time to see what has happened to her, she can't afford and attorney and can only work part time and try to pay child support. How can they overlook what injustice has been done here. She was praying that the court would see through what he had done. I guess you are to far away to help. Do you know anyone in San Diego county who would come along someone like this?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.


First, she can go to the local legal aid office. They represent low income, indigent folks on issues such as child support

Here is the contact number
1 877 534 2524

And you can use the link below to read more about their services

I suggest that they will have her evaluated for bipolar and her earning capacity and then file for a Modification of the child support based on the results.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry but she has already done that and because of the erroneous things he told the court, they made the decision based on that and she could not have proper representation. So sorry for your time. Thanks.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.


Then I suggest she can try to file the Modification on her own

She can get her doctor's reports on the bipolar and then get the Modification forms from the clerk of the court and file it on her own, without a local attorney.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I guess I was looking for hope beyond hope, for and injustice that has been done. Sorry for your trouble.

Do you think that you have helped?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

That is fine. Not everything has a magic bullet.

Good luck