How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Shared physical custody of 4 year old. Court ordered since

This answer was rated:

Shared physical custody of 4 year old. Court ordered since July 2011. Part of court order was the mother was not to take the child out of state without the father's written permission 30 day notice. This mother back in May 2010 left Florida and hid my grandson who was 9 months old at the time for over 14 months. She was court ordered to bring him back to Florida or lose custody. Child age 4 told us now that his mother took him to NY to see Nana and pick up his sister. He explained in detail about the trip. Father is seeking sole custody with Mother to have visits. Mother is in contempt of court not only for taking him out of state but for other infractions. How do we prove that she took him out of state short of asking her and she will lie even under oath. Please advise. Grandson is very sharp and knows he made this trip and it wasn't when he was a baby. The Nana lives in Oswego, NY and that's over aXXXXXone way from Florida. She had time on her week to do this. The other child has spent time with Nana before in NY so we are 100 % sure of his story. Thank you.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing and providing information for you in this matter.

You ask

"How do we prove that she took him out of state short of asking her ..."


It will take some work on your part, but it can be done

I suggest you will need to consider hiring a Private Investigator who will be able to canvass neighbors and friends to find out if she went away on her vacation and then have those persons subpoeneaed to testify as to knowing first hand - she told them that she was going to NY. Also, then you ask her who watched the children.

The PI also can work on your behalf to get photos of different rest stops along the way - and video footage of her wth the children there.

It's not going to be easy, but it can be done.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Samuel II and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you