Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
19958803

I live in south dakota, got divorced in 1989. My sister died

I live in south dakota, got divorced in 1989. My sister died 2months ago leaving me a large sum of money. Is there anyway that my ex. Can get her hands on this money
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Is there anyway that my ex. Can get her hands on this money
.
No, if the divorce was that long ago and you don't owe her anything along the lines of alimony then she would have no legal claim against any of the money. Once a couple are divorced, anything that they receive or acquire after the divorce is considered their own separate property and the ex has no claim against it unless there is some debt owed from the divorce.
.
.
Thanks