Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

my daughter (9 y/o)said her stepfather and mother hit her. What

my daughter (9 y/o)said her...
my daughter (9 y/o)said her stepfather and mother hit her.
What I should do?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2013
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did the court order and establish child custody for your daughter?

What type of custody if any did the court establish?

I have her physical and legal custody

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your follow up.

Did your daughter have any type of bruising or any other signs of any physical abuse or beatings?

Yes, but she said it happened in the park

Thank you for your follow up.

Does the child reside with your or the mother?

With me, I told you I have physical and legal custody

What happened I already replied

Thank you for your follow up.

It is always a good idea to document any child abuse that is being alleged by your daughter to be perpertrated by the mother and stepfather and to report this information to the police and state child protective services so it can be further investigated.

Upon this child abuse information being reported, police and state CPS will conduct an investigation and if it is discovered that the mother or the stepfather are engaging in any type of child abuse, the CPS will take proper action and mother's custody and/or visitation rights can be restricted and/or terminated, depending on the seriousness of the discovered child abuse.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law