How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child custody case and we have witnesses we would like to have

This answer was rated:

Child custody case and we have witnesses we would like to have on our behalf. Shared physical custody at this time of 4 yr old. There are several witnesses who have plenty to testify on but because of work situations and college, plus a one hour drive to court house, would it be almost as effective if they gave sworn depositions or wrote letters and signed affadavits?


AttyCBradford :

You can use sworn depositions and/or affidavits or declarations however, these can be objected to on the fact that the other party will not have a chance to cross examine these witnesses. It will honestly depend on the judge and the opposing counsel on whether they let them in. However, declarations are often used as a means to convey a lot of witnes testimony to the court without having to put all the witnesses on the stand

AttyCBradford :


AttyCBradford :

I am sorry that was the wrong post

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

?? Wrong post?

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

answer was good though, right?

AttyCBradford :

yeah I mean tthe email address sorry

AttyCBradford :

the answer before the email address is correct


ok, thank you.

AttyCBradford and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions