How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Its about child support, If my son is 18 years old, and he

This answer was rated:

Its about child support, If my son is 18 years old, and he is being treated by psychiatric doctor, does my ex have still to pay child support?

Kirk Adams : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. I'll be glad to assist you.
Kirk Adams : Under Florida law, support is automatically terminated at age 18 unless the child is/are declared legally dependent beyond that age due to mental or physical disability.
Kirk Adams : Thus, in your case, if your son has a diagnosed disability, then the court could order that support should continue after age 18.

Thank you kirk

Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you