How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons GF walked out on him. He lives in GA. My son filed

This answer was rated:

My son's GF walked out on him. He lives in GA. My son filed for ligitimization for his son. On the day of the proceeding his X-GF appeared with an attorney. My son did not have legal representation. He had petitioned for a ligitimization only, but a parenting schedule and child-support amount were added. Out of shell-shock my son signed and initialled as instructed. My son loves his son and wants to do the responsible thing, however, after reveiwing the amount, it takes a toll because he also provides when he's out and about with his kid. Is there still an opportunity to lower the amount and capture all of his monetary expenditures collectively? Can he still amend what he signed to add "First Right of Refusal" so that he gets an opportunity to see his son more often?

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

There are guidelines that are followed when determining child support and I suggest that he will want to review those and see how far off the mark his is.

He can get a copy of the guidelines from the Clerk Of The Court. If he is real far off the mark, then he can file for a modification and that form he can get from the Clerk, too

And he also can request more visitation time but filing a separate modification

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Appreciate your response! One more question, my son's X-GF and family are heavy smokers and the word is that she may be hanging around with a corwd that uses ilegal substances. In the event things get uglier, how would we proceed if we believe that our grandson is in a not-so-healthy environment?



And thanks for your follow up. I suggest that you will want to then file a Modification for a Change in the Custody Order and use that fact that the environment is unhealthy due to the constant smokers and also that the Mother may not be in the best interest of the child because of the company she keeps.

But to do that, you have to have solid, strong evidence that she brings the child around the crowd. It is not enough to just say she has Bad friends. The child has to be exposed to the environment.
Samuel II and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you