How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

harris county harris us citizen try to file a divorce but

This answer was rated:

harris county
harris us citizen try to file a divorce but respondent in viet nam
how can a vietnam respondent sign a waiver, there is no american notary in vn

AttyCBradford :

Hello I would be glad to assist you with this situation

AttyCBradford :

In order to file for divorce in the United States while another person is living in Vietnam, you will have to go into state court where you reside, in this case Harris County. It is important that you proceed in the court of a state where your legal residence there can not be questioned.
It is very important that you show that the other party in Vietnam received adequate notice of the divorce proceedings against them. You have to make "service of process" on them. This might involve paying someone in Vietnam to serve your ex with a copy of your petition for divorce, get her signature acknowledging her receipt of this, and send you back the signed receipt. Generally the court's will accept a signed and notarized acknowledgement from a US Embassy in the other country. Here is a link to information on notary and foreign countries

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.

AttyCBradford and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions