How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in Lackawanna Co. jail because while he was extremely

This answer was rated:

My husband is in Lackawanna Co. jail because while he was extremely drunk, he held a loaded and cocked 10mm gun to mine and my 17 son (will be 18 this October) head. The police charged him with Aggravated Assault and Terroristic Threats. I want nothing from him - I just want out. Can I get a divorce without his consent and just have him served? I'm sure he'll be doing some jail time because I am not dropping any charges.

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

I am sorry to hear of this matter for you and your son and I am glad to hear that you are safe and sound.

Yes, you may file for a divorce based on "Cruel and Barbarous" as treatment as your husband has put you in a situation that put your life and health at risk
Samuel II and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you