How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex is renting to 3 people in the house that my name is still

This answer was rated:

My ex is renting to 3 people in the house that my name is XXXXX XXXXX because he can't refinance because he is in bankruptcy, chapter 13. Am I entitled to any of the profits? Can I ask for more child support since he is now making more money and doesn't have to pay for 2 of his other 3 kids now? I settled on $400/month when I was supposed to get $1200.

Welcome and thank you for your question I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

If he is getting more income from the rentals, then I suggest you file a Child Support Modification and use that as a change of financial circumstances as a basis for seeking more money for the children.

You can get a Modification form from the clerk of the Court where the current order was issued.
Samuel II and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you