Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

will both side of the parties need to appear to the court or

will both side of the parties need to appear to the court or just the attorney from both side
thank you
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me.

Both parties will need to appear, I am afraid - not just the attorneys.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how long will it take? will it be like a trial?

thank you

David,

It is a negotiation, so it may take between 30 minutes on average, maybe an hour, depending on the matter at hand. Naturally, if the parties seem to be closing on a settlement, nuances would have to be worked out, so it can take longer.

But if after 30 minutes or so and if neither party is willing to negotiate AT ALL, then the mediator may call it quits and the matter would be set for trial.

So 30 minutes to an hour or so is average. Not that long.