How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyCBradford Your Own Question
AttyCBradford, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 643
Experience:  Criminal Defense and Family Law Attorney serving California Statewide
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttyCBradford is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

California in Divorce. Filed last year. Live in the same house

This answer was rated:

California in Divorce. Filed last year. Live in the same house but different rooms. What can I do if the other party is not doing any routine for the public area such as lobby and kitchen? It's all dirty unless I clean it. Abusing the electricity and whatever reachable. No dumpling trash cans. Throwing water paper on the floor and never picked up. Floor is full of dog pee and poo. I did what I can. I am paying for all the utilities and mortgage already and do not want to be an abused slave to her. Any suggestion or idea? Thank you!

AttyCBradford :

Hello! I am sorry to hear about your situation and would be glad to assist you. Are you currently in the process of divorce or have you not filed yet, or is the divorce over? If you are in the process of the divorce and one party is not taking care of the home, you could file a motion to have them removed from the home, although you will need stronger grounds than just the fact that they are not cleaning. However, running up bills in your name could be a ground or purposefully destroying th eproperty.

AttyCBradford :

If I have answered all of your questions please press accept and provide positive feedback so I will get credit for assisting you. PLEASE NOTE: this is a PAID answering service and we only receive credit for assisting you if you accept the answer. If you are not satisfied and need additional assistance, please ask before providing negative feedback and I would be glad to assist you further. Sometimes I am working with more than one customer at a time so please allow a chance to respond. Thank you and I wish you the best in your situation! I strongly suggest that you consult with a local attorney in your area on this matter. This information is provided for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor has an attorney-client relationship been formed.


Thank you Ms. Bradford. I am in the divorce. Filed last year. What kind of motion should I file? Removal from Residence? What happen if she does not have a place to live? Thank you.

AttyCBradford :

You can file what is known as a Request for Order Hearing it is an FL-300 you can obtain the form by a simple google search and it should bring you to the court's website. Here is a link in case you cannot find it You will need to file this motion and on the first page check the box "Other" and write in "Distribution of Property" In the Other section on the form fill in the reasons why you want the house and possession of it pending the finalization of the dissolution.

AttyCBradford :

If she does not have a place to live, the court will take that into consideration. However, the Court may also just give her enough time to find a place to live before you can force her out

AttyCBradford :

If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask, otherwise accept the answer so I can help another customer thank you

AttyCBradford and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you