How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Your Resolved Question: Can a married women who is having an

This answer was rated:

Your Resolved Question: Can a married women who is having an affair take another married who having an affair with her to court?

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

Thank you for your question. With few exceptions, courts are considered public forums and open to anyone who is interested in attending. Occasionally, there may be subject matter that would restrict who could be in attendance. For example, juvenile delinquency and juvenile dependency (CPS) court hearings are not open to the public. Another example might be where a prospective attendee has no legitimate purpose in attending and has a restraining order/protective order against them. The court may prohibit the public from attending in other cases where doing so could compromise the case or endanger a child.

However, the general rule is that anyone can attend any court hearing for any reason.

Brandon M. :

So, unless there is something special about the case or the circumstances, a married woman who is having an affair is free to have another married person having an affair with them into court.

Brandon M. :

I see that you just joined the chat. Welcome.

Brandon M. :

Did that make sense?

Customer: So this individual can take me to court for ending a relationship with her even tho she is married also
Brandon M. :

I apologize, but there may be some confusion. There is a difference between taking someone into court and bringing suit against someone. I thought you were talking about physically bringing someone into court, as a friend or for moral support, or just to watch.

Brandon M. and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
In Texas, it is not possible to sue someone for having an affair regardless of whether the plaintiff has had an affair. Suit for having extra-marital sexual relations is called "alienation of affections", and it is not possible to sue someone for that in Texas.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your answer.
This woman brother is a Police and Lawyer. She said she will subpoena the other individual I had a relationship with in Court. We both sign an agreement to discuss or tell anyone about the affair and I agreed to reimburse her 5000.00 for hotel expense. If anyone violate the agreement the other is subject to lawsuit and paying the other legal fee. She violated the agreement by making threats to me. It's in the agreement that she will not make threats to me or friends or family and me personlll
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good morning

It said I already rated you. That's $45.00 everytime I rate you