S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

What if I have no intention on mediating thru a child custody

What if I have no intention on mediating thru a child custody case?

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

In California, mediation (sometimes called Conciliation Court) is required. You don't actually have to come to an agreement, but you have to attend the mediation session.

Steven Kincaid :

Just make sure that you don't bow down to pressure during the mediation session and don't agree to anything you don't want - and it sounds like that means you would agree to nothing.

Customer:

So what will happen in mediation if I just refuse to comply.?

We were having technical errors in chat so I switched us to question and answer mode.

If you refuse to agree to anything, the mediator will inform the judge that no agreement was reached. The mediator should not provide the judge with information about why no agreement was reached or who said what in mediation.

I notice that you have not rated or accepted answers from previous experts. If you are satisfied with my answer, I'd appreciate if you could accept it so that I get credit for my work. Thank you.