How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the non custodial parent. I pay support and provide medical

This answer was rated:

I am the non custodial parent. I pay support and provide medical coverage. my oldest son who is 12 years old acts like he doesnt want to come with his brother every weekend fpr my court ordered visitation. does he have a say in this matter?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The answer here is a most emphatic and direct "no", the minor has absolutely no say in electing to come (or not come) for court ordered visitation. He has no obligation to come if a court order is removed, or he becomes 'of age', meaning that he turns 18. Until then whether he likes it or not, he is required to attend and be available for your visitation.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 8 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you