Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can a custodial parent deny grandparent visitation if the other

parent with joint custody agrees...
Can a custodial parent deny grandparent visitation if the other parent with joint custody agrees to the visitation. The custodial parent & grandparent live in NC, the father lives in Ct.
8/18/2013
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

If there is no court order, either parent can permit visitation during their own custodial period, but they cannot require the other parent to do so.

Steven Kincaid :

If there is a court order, it does not matter who consents to the visitation, the grandparents have the right to any court ordered time with their grandchildren.

Steven Kincaid :

Do you have any other questions?

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney