How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

50% joint legal and physical. mother does not have a license

This answer was rated:

50% joint legal and physical.
mother does not have a license right now and has an expired tag. Is this grounds to file a motion in court for temporary change in custody until this is all fixed?

If yes, what forms do I use to do this.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


Thank you for your question. I am a Florida licensed attorney. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

If the lack of a license and/or expired tag affects your child, it is grounds to petition for a change in custody. For example, if the mother is unable to transport the child to scheduled appointments or is driving the child without a license.

Here are the forms that are required to petition for modification:

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Ellen and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks. both me and mom just moved to florida from california on June 9. can I still file this and attach the california order or do I need to do another action first? and if I have to do another action first what forms do I use.


ps. you are great for providing the form.

Unfortunately you will need to file for the modification in California. California still retains jurisdiction. The Florida court cannot hear a modification of the California courts order without the consent of the California court.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

one last question I promise. I just bought a house in florida. mother has retained an attorney and they say they are filing A Petition to Prevent Removal from the Jurisdiction.


how can they file such an item if california has jurisdiction? What and why would they file this?

I am not aware of any grounds that would give them the authority or ability to do so.

If they do file any action, I suggest that you retain a local attorney.

Here is a link to a free site that may assist you in locating competent legal counsel: