How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 30365
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I am the defenant in a divorce in Connecticut. on the

This answer was rated:

Hello I am the defenant in a divorce in Connecticut. on the 19th of Aug I have to appear in court for a motion for orders before judgement(pendente lite) in family caseof child support and I need to know what documents I need to have present with me. Nobod.y at the judical branch will help me

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Child support is based on the combined income of the parties. That means that you'll need evidence of your income and your spouse's. That can include pay stubs and prior tax returns. Use the child support calculator to determine how much you may be ordered to pay and bring copies with you. If you pay support for a child from a prior relationship, bring evidence of that. There should also be evidence showing how much is paid for the child's health insurance. If either parent has extraordinary expenses or circumstance such that they are asking the judge to deviate from the guidelines, that person would need to bring evidence to support that request.

If the hearing is also to determine custody, then each spouse would also want to have all evidence that supports the request for custody and that tends to show that custody would be in the best interests of the child. But for support only, the judge is looking at financial documents.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you