How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2449
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i adopted a child on my husbands side of our family and it

This answer was rated:

i adopted a child on my husbands side of our family and it has taken a toll on our own children so we have decided to let another family member adopt her from us,but since she was in states custody do we have to go through them in any way with this adoption cause she is legally ours.

Steven Kincaid :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Steven Kincaid :

If she is no longer a ward of the state and you are the legal parents, you should not have to go through the state. You have the same rights as any other parent and should be able to do a private adoption.

Steven Kincaid :

Do you have any other questions?

S. Kincaid and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions