Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

if I was never married, what other forms do I need to file

to file a parenting plan?...
if I was never married, what other forms do I need to file to file a parenting plan?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2013
Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
I am a Florida family law attorney and I'd be happy to help. However, I don't quite understand your question. Could you please re-state the question? Thank you.

I want to establish a parenting plan with the courts, but was never married so it is not being filed with a dissolution. my uncle was mentioning financial affidavit, and uccjea? I was on the self help site but just want to be sure I file all the neccessary forms with my proposed parenting plan.

Just a few questions....

.

1. Based on how you have stated this, it sounds like nothing has been filed with the courts yet. Is this correct?

.

2. Are you the mother or the father?

.

3. Do you have an agreement with the other parent? Or is this going to be disputed?

.

Thank you.

nothing filed yet. I am the father and most likely be disputed. I am going to try to sit with her to agree on things but I have my doubts on her cooperation

Then the most important document you need to file is the petition itself. It is this document that outlines your requests, this would likely include requesting a legal finding that you are the father, setting up custody and time-sharing and addressing the issue of claiming the child for tax purposes.

.

As to the parenting plan, as there is no agreement, the parenting plan is merely your suggestion as to what you would like to see in a time-sharing arrangement. Other documents to be filed along with the petition would include the UCCJEA information, the last four of your social security number and your financial disclosures.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney