How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118256
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the 10 day waiting period after the final hearing and

This answer was rated:

I am in the 10 day waiting period after the final hearing and before the dissolution order is signed - I guess that is what happens next. The MSA that was initially filed made need to be amended because it contains language that is superseded by the parenting plan, which was just filed. The parenting plan does have some language at key provisions that change from the original MSA to reflect that it is a modification to the MSA, but I am told I should ask for a First Amended MSA. What else should I be double/triple checking here? Opposing is slippery.
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If the parenting plan was submitted to the court as well to be entered and it contains language that states something to the effect that in cases of any conflict between the parenting plan and MSA, the parenting plan would supersede, then while you can modify the MSA, it is not absolutely necessary. If your parenting plan does not have such wording in there, then you have to modify that MSA by filing the motion to amend the MSA to make it conform to the parenting plan. You need to go through both the MSA and parenting plan side by side to make sure you catch all of the conflicts so you can address them all at one time.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just for clarification, the two main sections of the parenting plan that conflicts with the MSA have a statement that states this shall be a modification of paragraph (x) of the MSA. Sufficient in your view or slack?

Thank you for your additional information.

Yes, it is sufficient since it specifically says it modifies the particular paragraph of the MSA, meaning it supersedes the MSA on that issue.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you