How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

why wont my attorney reply to my letters and e-mail about my

Customer Question

why wont my attorney reply to my letters and e-mail about my pending divorce
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The question you are asking I hope is more rhetorical, since we cannot get into your attorney's mind to know why she is doing anything she is doing. We can tell you that the Rules of Professional Conduct in MI require an attorney to reasonably communicate with clients and if she is not responding and answering your questions, she is likely in violation of this Rule of Professional Conduct and is grounds for a complaint to the MI Bar for her refusal to communicate with you. Furthermore, if an attorney is not responsive to your needs, it is grounds to terminate their services and seek to pursue them for a refund based on their refusal to communicate with you and take proper actions to protect you on the divorce. It is also time to get a new attorney when your attorney is not reasonably responsive to your needs and providing you the answers you seek.

You need to start by scheduling an actual appointment with her in person and address the letters you sent to her and explain that she is failing to reasonably communicate with you and you would like answers about the divorce you are seeking as the Rules of Professional Conduct require her to do. If she still will not answer, then it would be time for you to file a bar complaint against her and seek out a new attorney and consider pursuing her for a refund of fees she has not earned from working on your case.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Related Family Law Questions