How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39031
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi thank you for answering my question . I have been trying

This answer was rated:

Hi thank you for answering my question .

I have been trying to get my child support modified because my income has changed of the five children I am paying for 2 of them are emancipated my oldest being 21 years old attending college my next oldest child turns 19 on Saturday August 3 both of these children no longer live in my ex wife's household but she still continues to receive support for all five additionally her income has increased since the first order for child support was enacted I haven't had any luck with getting any results I am told I have to hire an atty just to get my case heard if I could just get help preparing papers to get a court date I would be willing to represent my self I am willing to pay for the time for preparing the documents any advice please help sincerely m holloway

In which state jurisdiction was the most current child support order issued?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What are your questions re the paperwork?

I assume you have the modification packet, already.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried filling them out but not quite sure what needs to bee done in order to get a court date
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What received from th prosecutors office was poor copies barely legible
The packet is found at the bottom of this page.

After you review the materials, please let me know what questions you have (if any).

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am reviewing the documents I am still not real clear do I am carefully looking at each question before I can decide what questions I might have for you is there any chance that I can forward the information for you to fill out and all I would have to do is sign and mail I realize there would be a cost involved if so what type of cost am I looking at
Hello again,

I am legally prohibited from drafting legal pleadings for you in this forum. I would very much like to assist you, but the best I can do here is to answer your questions. You must decide how to "fill in the blanks."

Basically, you just want to tell the court the respective ages of your children, and the facts surrounding their living circumstances, so that it demonstrates that the children are emancipated, and provide whatever evidence you have for these claims.

You will have to testify to all of this in court, but, by explaining it all in your request to the court, the other parent will have the opportunity to rebut your claims in writing, and then you will know what additional information you may need to present at the hearing.

That said, if you have specific questions, just ask and I will try to assist you further.

Hope this helps.
socrateaser and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you