KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
8989662

My wife is a seageant in the army, I agreed and signed an uncontested

My wife is a seageant in the army, I agreed and signed an uncontested divorce agreement which is due to be in front of a judge in about a month or so. Since then I have had misgivings about my knee-jerk reaction, and have found that I have suffered losses that are substantial and cannot get any help from her. I was wondering what my alternatives were and what rights I have, considering my following her around has destroyed my work record, and my financial status. I am in need of help. I appreciate any advice/direction you can give...
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

The settlement agreement that you signed is legally valid, but you can make a motion to the court to withdraw it since it has not been reviewed yet. So you should do that immediately.

You will need a reason why you are withdrawing it. Just changing your mind isn't enough. You need a reason like there was a change in the circumstances or some info that you learned that would have made your position different.

So you have a chance at this point to get that withdraw if you act quickly. The judge is going to want details about your reasons so be prepared for that.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Kimberly

Thanks for the positive rating.

To ask me another question in the future, you can bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-kimberlylaw or simply ask for me in your question.

Take care,
Kimberly