How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28074
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been married 38 years. I found out that my wife has been

This answer was rated:

I've been married 38 years. I found out that my wife has been seeing a family friend for some time. I want to move on with my life but she will not discuss the issue with me. What can I do? They, both have told me indirectly at different times.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You have every legal right to move on with your life and in doing so, should consider filing for divorce. Your wife can not force you to stay married to her and if she is having an affair, you certainly have grounds to file for divorce. Here is a link to the forms which you will need to start the process and select the set that applies to your situation.

In an ideal situation, the divorce would be uncontested and you and your wife would be able to divide the martial assets and go your separate ways. If this can not be done on your own or through mediation, the Judge will step in and have the final say.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
FamilyAnswer and 9 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you