How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Dimitry, What is a party to do when an answer provided

This answer was rated:

Dear Dimitry,

What is a party to do when an answer provided in response to a petition, on a family matter, contains denials of averments in the petition which were factually true. Meaning the answer stating 'denied' is an untrue answer (denial). Would it be a reply to the answer, striking of the answer or something else?

Thank you for your question and thank you most kindly for requesting me to assist you further.

If an answer provided is false, untrue, or incorrect, the other party has the ability to file an amended complaint that addresses positions or claims in the answer that the other party finds to be incorrect or outright false. This would be essentially a new reply to an answer via an amendment.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is the amended petition (this is a petition to modify in family court) allowed in Florida?

Thank you for your follow up.

That is correct, such an.option exists under Florida law. The information I have provided is valid under Florida law.

Good luck!