How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do we have to leave the baby with the grandmother while we

This answer was rated:

Do we have to leave the baby with the grandmother while we find the mother?


Well, no. Not necessarily. But I suggest you better get the Grandmother to put into writing that she has a temporary guardianship as provided by the daughter and that you are taking authorized to care for the child and that should be notarized.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. What happens if the mother cannot be located? Can we proceed with permanent guardianship and adoption based on abandonment using a private attorney, or does Children's Services always have to get involved?


Yes, you can proceed with a Petition for Adoption, but you will have to attest that you tried to locate the Mother and cannot

The court will bring CPS in because you will need to be given a background check, etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And if we are able to find the mother, we would be able to proceed with a private adoption without CPS?


Even with a private adoption, the court will require a background check and that is generally conducted by CPS.

Samuel II and 7 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions