How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Pgh, PA family court division- are you able to file for

This answer was rated:

In Pgh, PA family court division- are you able to file for a continuance on an emergency petition for temporary custody for 50/50 custody when notice of hearing arrived on Friday afternoon and hearing scheduled for following Tuesday- mailed to wrong address
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*


Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Yes – when notice of the hearing is not correctly provided, the respondent can request a continuance on the basis the failure to receive timely notice left insufficient time is required to prepare for the hearing. The court may enter a temporary ruling at the original hearing and then set a date in the future for the evidence to be heard

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.
Ellen and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you