How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my husband be sued for pain, suffering and loss of income

This answer was rated:

Can my husband be sued for pain, suffering and loss of income for slapping someone who harassed us at a restaurant?

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The answer is 'yes', your husband can be sued for pain and suffering and for loss of income if that individual had to take time off and go to the hospital or otherwise due to the assault had to time off work. Whether or not he succeeds is a different story. Suing someone does not mean that the person will win, simply that they have a viable cause of action. If you can provide me with more information I can possibly analyze the facts better to see whether or not this person has a successful suit or not, but at least on the question on whether or not this person can sue your husband for being slapped, the answer is 'yes'.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you