How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For PaulMJD My attorney has indicated he is withdrawing

This answer was rated:

For PaulMJD

My attorney has indicated he is withdrawing because I can't make the necessary payments and meet the other obligations under the divorce. I have not agreed to sign a document allowing them to withdraw. How do I notify the Judge that I am forced to appear ProSe -
Thank you for your new question, please do not forget to leave excellent service feedback on the previous question as that is the only way the experts receive any credit for the time spent with you.

I am afraid that non-payment of attorney's fees is legal good cause for an attorney to withdraw from a case. Thus, if you cannot negotiate with him to take payments, even if you do not sign agreeing to the withdrawal, the court will hold a hearing and grant the withdrawal unless you can prove that his withdrawal at this point in the case would cause a "significant prejudice" to your case and will cause you material harm. This is a pretty high burden for you to prove. Once he submits the motion to withdraw, you can file an "Notice of Entry of Appearance Pro Se" which notifies the court you are going to be representing yourself (which you should try to avoid as the FL courts hate pro se litigants).

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Terrific. Well - I hesitate to ask but I am not going to get the motion to withdraw done before the hearing date and response are due. Can I file these regardless as Pro Se.....

Thank you for your response.

You can file the motions pro se, yes.