Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is a paternity judgment for?

What is a paternity judgment for?
7/14/2013
Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Good evening! I am a family law attorney and I'd be happy to help. Before proceeding though, I'd ask that you be more specific. What is it that you need to know about a paternity judgment? Thank you.

Why would a man file for one?

A man might file a paternity action to establish his rights. The paternity judgment would detail the custodial arrangement, describe the visitation schedule and set up child support obligations. As such, both parents would have a detailed understanding of their rights and obligations as to the child.

.
I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney
Joseph
Joseph
Joseph, Family Law Attorney