Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

My 18 year old daughter wants to drive a 17 year old female

My 18 year old daughter wants to drive a 17 year old female and a 16 year old female and go to the beach in Florida - we live in Tennessee. The car is my daughters but is title to me. We just havent transferred it yet. Is she responsible for anything for the two minors on the trip? Jan
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Are the parents of the two minors granting written permission for your daughter to take these two minors to Florida for a trip?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They have orally, but I do not have anything in writing....

Dear Jan,

Thank you for your follow up.

It is important to obtain a written permission for your 18 year old daughter to take these two minor children to Florida.

Also, since your daughter is a legal adult at 18, she might be responsible for the well being of these minor, while they are in her custody on the trip and also if any auto accident happens on the way to or from Florida, while the children are driven in your car, the car insurance, your daughter (if she is driving it) and you as legal owners of the vehicle could be potentially responsible for any damages.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you do have any related follow up questions.