How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I divorced in 2004, Ive had custody of my two minor children

This answer was rated:

I divorced in 2004, I've had custody of my two minor children 9 years until these false alligations and hearing that took place on July 8th 2013. Mother very vindictive because I had her in court so many times over that 9 years for none payment of support and she has done jail time for it in the past. She is currently behind. I have all court records for this. I know the court likes to handle many things as separate things however,, could I not use this as evidence also,,, because to me it is relevant and one of the reasons why she has made these false alligations about me to the court
Hello again:

Generally speaking, any relevant evidence is admissible in court. Not all evidence carries the same weight--for example, a history of a contentious family law case won't carry the same weight as a handwritten confession. But if evidence is relevant, then it is generally admissible. I would refer you back to Rule 401:

“Relevant evidence” means evidence having any tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the determination of the action more probable or less probable than it would be without the evidence.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, do you think it's relevant ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, yes then right?

Hi again. I would love to answer, but please understand my concern. I have one piece of one half of a story involving people I have not met and not one but two cases I have not evaluated. It would be irresponsible for me to tell you that the evidence is or isn't relevant, and it would be ill-advised to listen even if I did tell you.

That said, if you're not sure whether evidence is relevant, you can always try to offer it and see what happens. If you don't try to use it, it can't be admitted. If you try to admit it and the court says you can't use it, you're no worse off.
Brandon M. and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions